View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 06:50 AM   #762
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Tonight was kind of a strange meal. I wok-cooked veggies in their own juices (mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and spinach) and then added shirataku noodles, soy sauce, and balsamic vinaigrette! It was hearty and edible, but barely! I did save the leftovers because I'm totally the type that does not get rid of leftovers and MUST not waste them, so I'm stuck with it tomorrow! I finished the noodles so it is mainly the veggies, and mainly the bell pepper. Imagine this mixture but with almost all the noodles having been consumed. What would you add tomorrow to make it tastier?
So in all seriousness, I am not sure since the base flavors of soy and balsamic vinaigrette are pretty strong. The only two things I can think of, and I really wracked my brain, would be to add a citrus flavor to it like lemon or lime juice. If you have mostly peppers left, why not make either a pasta salad, with the peppers, some other lightly flavored vegetables, and instead of dressing use some olive or avocado oil and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Or, make some sauteed cauliflower rice with salt and pepper in olive oil, cook some other vegetables like, pea pods (I think someone mentioned them) more onions and mushrooms, add some soy sauce and it's like a fajita over cauliflower rice. Cook the vegetables in toasted sesame seed oil to give it a really good flavor. I am stuck as to whether you should throw the peppers in because of the vinaigrette. The sesame oil and soy sauce could overpower it. Good luck.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: