Old 10-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #777
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

So the beans were extremely easy and delicious. I soaked about a pound of dried pinto beans overnight, rinsed them in the morning, and covered them with 7.5 cups of water in the crockpot. I have a very basic crockpot so I put them on low, but they weren’t getting soft enough, so I put them on high. I never add salt when I make beans because it’s supposed to make them tough. I did add cumin and chili powder.

I seriously think I’ve never cooked them enough before.

I’m sure there are thousands of recipes online, but this is something I just did, and it legit was super easy. I cook a lot and I’m not especially stingy with myself but if I have to buy too many special ingredients that I can’t imagine using again any time soon, I just don’t bother.

For breakfast I had rice, nice soft pinto beans, eggs, a small avocado, and corn salsa.

ETA The beans took all day to cook but you don’t have to do anything to them while they cook.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post: