Ozio

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Relationship Status:
unfettered

Ozio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
I'm a Catholic and I love my faith. The Church, in short, does not condone homosexuality because it is outside of marriage. I respect that. I also believe priests should never marry for profound spiritual and theological reasons. My inner self, and heart and spirit are made by God. My body is made my nature. Because I have qualities which I believe to be innate and given by God, I'm good with Him. But I also respect and love the Church for spiritual reasons outside of the issue of homosexuality and the Church..
I am protestant, but it is my understanding that the Catholic church condemns homosexuality, based on their interpretation of the scriptures, in particular, their interpretation of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Now, if I am incorrect, and they simply refuse to condone it based on legal issues of marriage, what about those countries and states within the US that have same sex marriage laws?
The archdiocese in the D.C. area has recently threatened to cease all humanitarian programs in that area if the proposed same sex marriage law there is allowed to go into effect. That is clearly condemnation of homosexuality, not only for it's clergy, but for it's congregates.
God made us all as we are, and loves us as we are, with all our imperfections.
My questions, however, were about denominations who do specifically tolerate or accept homosexuality within their congregations, and do not consider their partnered congregates without benefit of legal sanction to be living in sin, but do consider their partnered clergy under the same circumstance to be living in sin.
Ozio is offline   Reply With Quote