View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 05:29 PM   #26
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

This thread caught my eye...

I am madly in love with a woman who eloquently describes herself as born "girl-in-a-boy..."

We met on an online dating site a couple of months ago. She'd viewed my profile a few times, and I was adamantly opposed to an ldr, so I didn't message her, as she was a state away from me.

A month into this online experience, I was preparing to tear down my profile. I got nothing but hits from lesbians in Florida, California, Oklahoma, you name it...clearly, nobody had read my profile, or taken it seriously ( I live in WI).

I took a final view at her profile, and googled her location, and discovered that she really wasn't all that far away. Kindness emanated from her profile and photo. I took a chance and messaged her. She responded quickly, and we were "clicking" like crazy. She was very quick in revealing her medical history, which made not a whit of difference to me, and before I knew it, we had a date for the next weekend!

She informed me that she'd messaged several lesbians on the site, and was immediately blocked by every single one of them when she revealed her history.

The rejection was so awful to her, and reminded her so much of her family disowning her a few years back, she was nearly ready to tear her profile down as well. It was way too triggering for her.

I'm only grateful that I took a chance and messaged her, because I have met the love of my life! She is so beautiful, inside and out...she is a champion for all people, completely into social justice. I am deeply honored to be with her, and I sincerely hope that our community will have a change of heart at some point. I think things have gotten a bit better, but I was shocked that every single woman on the dating site blocked my gf when they learned of her medical history.

As for male privilege, I can't imagine it would feel very good to be a female trapped in a male body, regardless of how society would be treating that person based on their outward appearance. My gf was suicidal at one point, based on her dysphoria.

Anyway, this is only one woman's perspective, based on what I know from my dear one. I am so glad that I messaged her, because I am deliriously happy for the first time in years, thanks to her.
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post: