Old 09-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #53
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wanting to share on this special day....

Happy Mexican Independence Day!!!!

I have actually never been to Mexico, i've seen it on the "other" side of the fence. I've stood right there where soil meets soil.

I did however live in New Mexico a few months here and there over the years. I lived in Farmington, Truth or Consequences and Elephant Butte. I've never seen anything so beautiful in my life. It's right up there with the beach. I love the sand and flat land so far that you can see the snow capped mountains even in the summer.

My first night there i honestly fell to my knees and cried at the magnificent sky full of twinkling stars from one horizon to the other. Living here in Tennessee, in the mountains, i had never seen anything like it and it literally took my breath away.

I also went to a Quinceanera and it was the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. I didn't even know what it was, as i'm sure most people who are more worldly than myself would know. When the father changed the girls shoes from tennis shoes to high heels i was sobbing. There was an older man sitting beside me that didn't speak a word of English but i remember he took my hand, squeezed it, offered me his hankie and smiled. He knew what i was feeling. The love was so deep in that room, in that service that I've never felt anything like it before. Forget the language barrier, it was just about love.

The land of enchantment? I think more of it as the land of deep love. I've never been treated so well by any group of people ever, even though i was the minority, i was accepted the entire time i spent there.

That was beautiful.
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: