Old 03-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #25
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when
someone walking down the street talking was thought of as crazy, not bluetoothed.

kids played outside and got dirty and did not need to be sanitized from head to toe every 30 seconds.

you could go to a grocery store and touch a grocery cart without fear of getting sick

u didnt worry when you flushed your toilet that your toothbrush (now stored in the garage) would get microscopic spray of shit on it.

you sang songs with the kids in the car not bring the television.

black and white photos were not a novelty but the standard.

you sat a table to eat dinner not in the car

eating watermelon was something you did in the summertime not all year round.

You did not need to call 20 friends while you were grocery shopping, or 10 friends while driving to work...

no one needed to be in constant contact with everyone except the president and other world leaders.

there were payphones instead of cell phones. and when you lifted the phone receiver a pretty voiced lady said "number please" When I was 3 I spent a lot of time talking to number please.

ten cents could buy a mounds bar, or make a phone call for 3 minutes, or get you a bus ride down town or a subway ride uptown, pay the toll across the bridge, buy 1/2 pound of ground beef, or a package of minute steaks, a box of frozen waffles, or a bag of apples.

a nickel could buy you a pack of baseball cards with a hunk of powdery bubble gum in it.

i remember when i thought 30 was old,,,40 was ancient and 50 was just beyond acknowledgment..now i think 30 is young 40 still to young 50 is younger than me and 60 is not going to be to bad...

i remember when dating an older woman meant dating someone that was over 30.....now when i refer to dating an older woman it is that sexy hot octogenarian down the street

I remember when i was 20 thinking i would change the world....now at 58 i wonder how everything changed so quickly and where did those 30 years go anyway?

I remember bye bye american pie...when we all drove our fords to the fiords and drank all sorts of whiskey and rye and a case of black label beer was 3 dollars....and you could get 23 cases in a 66 gto's trunk and 8 more cases in the hole for the convertible top....

i remember buying a brand new 71 toyoto corolla for 1800 dollars had to pay extra because it was an automatic.

yeah i remember when...i just forget where i put those damn keys!