Old 05-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandthen View Post
So, I am watching the West Wing and I love the banter and wit wrapped in the flirting scenes. I admit I am a week kneed Butch who is seduced by a Women's ability to use her brain to banter as a form of seduction

And you? is Banter a part of your flirting dance? If not is it a deal breaker?
I'll start, yes it is a deal breaker for me I find I need that balance of quick wit intellect in a potential partner. Having had it and also not having had it.
Banter is very important for me. It's very similar to the rituals used in the animal kingdom. One being makes an advance, whether verbally, physically or through eye contact across the room (kinda physical but separate). The other being is either receptive or not. If receptive, the dance begins.

For me, words and the way one's mind works is just as potent a part of the flirting and mating ritual as the actual movements of the body. I can't have one without the other. There has to be a carnal, physical connection but if the mental processes aren't clicking, then it's going nowhere fast.

It works the same the other way too. I can have all the witty banter and flirtatious nothings whispered in my ear, but if I'm not attracted physically to them and they are not showing me that they are physically attracted to me, it's off. No Donkey Kong will be played that night or with that person.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: