Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
"We are trapped in this nightmare (yes, everyone in the world), but I see no other country stepping up to take down this dictator, do you? Oh yeah, that’s right...it’s because we step up and protect the world! When it’s us needing the protection, when it’s us needing the solution, we sure do get a bunch of fucking whiney people showing up to tell us how wrong we are!" Ms Tinkerbelly

Alright, so who is going to step up when even the mildest criticism brings this kind of thin- skinned and angry response and others making references to "Patriotism". Agreeing with policies is not "patriotism". Disagreeing with those who question policies is not "patriotism". Chauvinism is not patriotism.

Ok, Roll back the tanks.

Just because someone says an onion stinks doesn't mean they need grow a sweeter onion. Just means it may be time to stop denying that that onion stinks or claiming that only you have he right to say so; or that you're going to keep defending that stinking onion from any "foreigner" who says it stinks.

We all share his planet. I'm not sure why having more military "might" and economic "clout" morally entitles Americans to make life and death decisions for all of us without having to explain, rationalize and even apologize for decisions taken.

You can make all the earth-shattering moves your might permits but don't think i will sit quietly, idly by. This is our planet, too. You did this; you fix it. I promise to applaud and be grateful.
So you personally have control over everything the government of Canada does?

Cut us some slack, we are in Hell.

I don't think the US should tell anyone else how to live or what to do. I don't believe in a large military. I hate it in fact. WE (the US) have zero moral high road and honestly never have had. Though, I agree many US citizens think we do or should.

I dislike the term American used for citizen of the United States. The Continent is America. Its awkward to say Statesian or USean....In Spanish the term is "estadounidense". Growing up in Argentina, I was taught that we are all Americans. And we are. North Americans, South Americans, Central Americans.