View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #1120
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

So this afternoon when I got home, I started searching the kitchen for the two acorn squash that I remember buying over the weekend... all day I was looking forward to baking them with butter and brown sugar for dinner ...such a nice warm treat on a cold day ..

They weren't in the fridge...then checked the veggie baskets under the rolling butcher block island...nope...checked beside microwave where the fresh tomatoes are...nope...
Then started to get a little upset....checked for any grocery bags that possibly didn't get emptied....nope....getting stressed now...checked around laundry machines...dammit, nope...

Sent roomie text requesting to check back seat of truck...

30 minutes later, roomie gets home, asked me some silly question about do I think they are in the truck? By this time I'm getting pissy about how disorganized I felt...then my roomie checks the kitchen in same places I had...

A few minutes later, roomie suddenly remembered that we actually DID NOT buy the damn acorn squash!! I argued with him that we bought TWO... He very patiently had to jog my memory, that we tried to buy them, but the Wally World cashier never could find the produce number for acorn squash and she took so long to figure out how to charge for them, that we told her to put them back, we needed to get outa there because we had a busy day.

So today my mind just KNEW I had gotten those damn things...I flustered myself looking all over, overturning things in my big pantry...then argued with my poor roomie!! ...

We had salad with dinner instead of warm baked yummy squash.

My roomie and I had a really good laugh that I had totally forgot.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: