View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #71
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

I need balance. I need balance between me time and time with a partner. I need stability. I need loyalty. I need the comfort of routine, with the occasional excitement of something new and different.

For me, I think the most wonderful example of a healthy relationship is the Triquetra. It is a balance of individuality and unity, looking at how the three arms are connected.

You are one arm, your partner is the other arm, and the relationship is the third arm. The relationship exists independently of you and your partner and has it's own energy and presence. You and your partner do not give up your individuality. The two of you do not merge into one person, but are connected to something important. And all three are interconnected. I also see it as a sign that when one arm is struggling, the other two can support it.

I know this symbol has so many meanings to so many people, practices and faiths. It just means a lot to me and this is one of the insights for me.

Last edited by alexri; 02-17-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: fixed link
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post: