View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post

On a side note, I have found that poly relations are a little more tolerated and accepted in the BDSM/Leather communities.. I have often wondered why this is.. My first poly relationship was a boy to a Daddy/girl couple and it seemed like there were a few other examples of that type of situation within that local community.. and this was a small town in the South! lol ...

-Tony
hmmm

*hugs Tony* we've both come a long way, huh? (well, ok, you went further....like alllllll the way across the states!!)

i personally think there are more poly relationships within the Life because we, as a whole (and generally speaking), are more open to alternative relationships.

i will say that my experiences into poly didn't work too well. But i think that the main reason is because my Owner and i had issues that not only were we not confronting, but i didn't even know about at the time. That meant that while she was saying one thing, she was feeling something totally different...and the 3rd that we eventually agreed upon got caught right in the middle of it all.

Given time and my personal growth, i can say that today, i am open to poly. i'm not looking for it or in a poly relationship now, but i am not closed off to the possibility like i was after the fiasco with my ex.

i personally think that people in general aren't meant to be with only one person their entire life. Society teaches us that we are supposed to find "The One" and once we do, we'll never desire or need another person. Ever.

The funny thing is, even as society teaches us this, it is doing the exact opposite, either with serial monogamy or cheaters.

i firmly believe i can never be "all" to one person, nor can one person be my "all".