View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #68
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation
Default stolen from a recipe website

Chocolate Pretzel Rings

Ingredients
• 48 pretzel rings or mini twists
• 1 (8 ounce) package milk chocolate kisses
• 1/4 cup M&M's

Directions
1. Place the pretzels on greased baking sheets; place a chocolate kiss in the center of each ring. Bake at 275 degrees F for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Remove from the oven. Place an M&M on each, pressing down slightly so chocolate fills the ring. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store in fridge or room temp.

alternatives & suggestions
Following the same procedure, use tiny pretzel twists or the waffle shaped ones make a nice base, too. Instead of kisses, individual Rollos. On top, press in a toasted pecan half. Basically, they are Pretzel Turtles.

if you are using white and milk chocolate - be sure you don't put them on the same cookie sheet, because they definitely melt at different times!

I found that the caramel was just a bit too much, so I cut the rolos in half and put them on top of the pretzels (caramel side facing up, unless you want a nasty, sticky mess)

I used miniature peanut butter cups with m&m's

there is literally a 15 second window of perfect meltiness. In my oven, it was 2 minutes, 45 seconds. 15 seconds less and it was still hard in the middle, 15 more and it was too melty. For some reason, my milk chocolate ones would NOT melt. Ever. They went from hard to cooked. Very odd. The peppermint ones were yummy, but did not hold their colors as well as the hugs. I used regular Cmas themed m&ms and also mint ones. The regular m&ms got a little chalky colored and lost their gloss - maybe because I put them in the freezer to cool? The mint ones I cooled in the fridge and did NOT loose their color or gloss.

I like more crunch & salt so I squished the melted kisses between 2 square snaps. Just the right chocolate to salt ratio for me, and super fast and easy.