View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #76
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

This isn't them, but your post did remind me of something my granny used to make, and then hide from me so i wouldn't eat every single one!

CHOW MEIN NOODLE HAYSTACKS
1 (6 oz.) pkg. semisweet chocolate bits
1 (6 oz.) pkg. butterscotch bits
1 (6 oz.) can of Spanish peanuts
Large can of chow mein noodles (the crunchy kind, i think the brand she used was La Choy)

Melt bits over hot water. Add other ingredients and mix well. Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet an push together to form mounds.

(i don't remember if hers had butterscotch in them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2myladyblue View Post
Once upon a time, my mother made these stovetop cookies that she called "spiders". I remember that they involved oats, cocoa, sugar & butter (Maybe even coconut), but I don't know the recipe! They mixed up in one pot & then set in the fridge.

My nieces are all coming over next week & I'm hoping to find the recipe before then! Does anybody have a recipe like this???

~LadyBlue