View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 11:37 AM   #3149
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading …. Ann Veronica (H.G. Wells,1909).

I saved this book from an English Literature class I took years ago. I think it's simply an timeless classic. Ann Veronica was first published during the Victorian Era, when Feminism was first growing its wings. The protagonist of the story, Ann Veronica, was an very much head-strong type of personality and an non-conformist. I think of this book as one of the first of many to explore departing from traditional ways of expressing gender, breaking away form Victorian social norms expected of women, and as an way for women to redefine themselves amid very tiring social expectations that still impacts women, nearly 120 years after its publication.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: