Old 01-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #45
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femminator View Post
I am sharing my story because that whole "top surgery is mutilation" thing really set my teeth on edge.

Yes I like Butch breasts, but I am not a breast woman and have always liked Butches who are smaller busted and have not minded if they bind.

I fell in love and was blessed to have married the Butch of my dreams. We have been together over 13 years now. They have never been thrilled with their breasts, but pretty much ignored them. However, I began to notice that they were becoming more and more dysphoric about their breasts, and so it was not a shock that they came to me one day and said they had some figuring out to do about their gender presentation.(my exact words were 'well, go figure it out and let me know, I'm not going anywhere') and so for the last few years we have been on a journey as a couple through therapy and them determining who they are and how they want to present.

We have been binding for over a year and they have gotten more dysphoric with their binder off, as time has gone on to the point they are actually anxious about it. I seriously have a love/hate relationship with those damn binders, they are anxious without it, and miserable and hot with them on under layers of clothing in an effort to hide their breasts. Finally I lost it this Fall and said "Look, take some of our savings, and get top surgery, I can't stand watching you be miserable any longer." So, that is what we are doing. After the initial consult and set up of the appointment, the change that has overcome my Butch is amazing. They are more loving, sexual and assured that their pain will be soon ending. That steps to make the outside match how they feel on the inside are happening.

We ALL change how we look to be who we see ourselves as. Femmes wear makeup, people gauge their ears, people reduce or increase their breasts, they get tummy tucks and rhinoplastys. They shoot Botulism into their faces to get rid of wrinkles, and they inject collegen into lips and cheeks to make them full and plush. People who talk about top surgery as mutilation, that is a very myoptic view of something that is being done for emotional and mental well being, not just to look better for what society perceives as 'pretty' or 'sexy'. If anything it is MORE important than all that.
Just a FYI, if your partner's insurance does not have trans health benefits, they do have the option to fight for coverage for this surgery. Michigan is a state that does not allow private insurance or Medicaid to EXCLUDE trans health care in their benefits.

https://transequality.org/issues/res...nsurance-rules

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: