betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Don't spend too much money. I actually pulled out of a new relationship once because the Butch I was dating (and it hadn't been going on very long at all) spent hundreds of dollars on me at V-Day. It made me incredibly uncomfortable, and while hy clearly had good intentions - it made me want to not date hym any more. I just couldn't get passed it! The combination of feeling bought and feeling weird that I didn't (actually, couldn't!) reciprocate monetarily was just way too much for me and I skedaddled.

Some of the greatest gifts I'd ever received cost less than 20 dollars. Most of them I still have and use today.

- a glasses case shaped like a handbag
- a black/gold checkered cigarette case
- a compact with a dragonfly painted on it
- a totebag with a cartoon monkey wearing a pirate outfit on it
- a little black change purse with blue stars on it
- paul frank earbuds
- Morrissey and Siouxsie duet "Interlude" on vinyl
- a brown with pink polka dots travel mug
- the b-horror-movie Carnival of Terror on VHS (this was forever ago!)
- playing cards with Elvis on them!!!!!

And most recently, my work-bestie (who I admit I have a bit of a crush on) drew me a picture for my birthday. It's a cartoon fox and captioned "Happy Birthday, Bestie! You are so foxy!" I put it on my fridge. For his birthday I made him marble magnets with Wonder Woman on them and he was super excited. We're besties like that.

Last edited by betenoire; 07-16-2011 at 10:50 AM.
betenoire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to betenoire For This Useful Post: