Old 10-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #54
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

One more thing i wanna say but i don't want to interrupt the flow here and how it is going so i'm just penciling this in as a side note..

Thoughts today about how this topic keeps coming up in different places here and why, personally, i take such a heated heart (for lack of a better term) when the 50s are brought up as "all that" and how it was "so much better" yada yada..

Is IMO from MY view...has a lot to do with my mother. She did that. She was that. She WAS oppressed. She is a beautiful loving being that i am so thankful to have in my life. But. She missed out on a lot. Especially since my dad died some 14 years ago, she has opened up a lot to me about her dreams. She had dreams just like anyone else. She wanted to be a school teacher, she wanted to pursue her art, she wanted to travel. She didn't get a chance to do that.

I wonder, to myself sometimes, if she had been in my era. What she would have become. What would June Cleaver have been. What would have so many women, of all colors and ethnic background back then, been like today or what things they would have done to help and change the world. They were the most amazing women to go through that oppression and come through it. They didn't have choices. We may have had a female president by now. Who knows.

Anyway, just sharing why i get my panties twirled at times about "the good ole days". I personally feel women were cheated out on life. And besides making me mad. He makes me so terribly sad.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: