Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,012 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Late Breaking news from last October: #StopGlorifyingYourOppressor

The Pew Research Center published an ongoing study article, last October of 2019, about the Disaffiliation of Christianity, which has been on the rise since 2016 when you-know-who became POTUS.

Article Title (and link embedded):

In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace

Here is a brief excerpt from the article above:

"The religious landscape of the United States continues to change at a rapid clip. In Pew Research Center telephone surveys conducted in 2018 and 2019, 65% of American adults describe themselves as Christians when asked about their religion, down 12 percentage points over the past decade. Meanwhile, the religiously unaffiliated share of the population, consisting of people who describe their religious identity as atheist, agnostic or “nothing in particular,” now stands at 26%, up from 17% in 2009," (paragraph 1, The Pew Research Center: In US, Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace; October 17th, 2019).

It's taken the last four years, I think, for people to realize that religion plays a key role in teaching people how to kneel down to oppressive power regimes disguised as any venue or type of religion that persecutes others in the name of power, glory and (…)

-- all of which is so T O X I C and not good for the human race itself, and beyond.

#StopGlorifyingYourOppressor

I like that hash tag too (a senior librarian friend of mine, used it in her post today) as a way for women to not bow down to oppression of any kind or type because domestic violence abusers and oppressors are like a form of cancer: oppressors/oppression can kill you whether oppressor and/or oppression is identified as female or male (any human being, regardless of how they identify). In other words, stop glorifying anyone or any religion or any person whose behaviors and choices cause harm to others.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: