Old 07-24-2018, 11:00 PM   #305
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story (2017)

On the Documentary Channel, I just finished watching BOMBSHELL: The Hedy Lamarr Story (2017). - Produced by Susan Sarandon. This most beautiful woman was a Hollywood star. However, it is entirely unknown that this woman also "invented" and "patented" something called "frequency hopping" for which she never got a cent!!!!!! Now worth approx. $30 billion (if I remember correctly, I hope, lol) and integrated into all cell phones, wi-fi, GPS, and Bluetooth, it was originally "stolen" (back in 1955) and used in bombers during the Vietnam war and earlier... absolutely amazing and fascinating story of her life - how the Hollywood sexist machine looked at her only as a sex object - so sad.

There is a trailer, but here I have decided on a YouTube video that more accurately describes a synopsis of this documentary, called The Brilliant Mind, wherein NewsHour Weekend's Megan Thompson spoke to Alexandra Dean, director of the film:

Hedy Lamarr ...

There is also an article in the Guardian, if you prefer to read the review:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...susan-sarandon
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: