View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #50
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
I spent my money on books AND clothes. Both make me happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
One of the local colleges hear on the first weekend of September has a huge book sale going on,the books are prices fron.10 to $1.00 each.I love to go and fnd the old books that have much to give and may well be collectors quility for my small libary,ive been looking for leather bound compleat colection of the arabian knights,I found some last year but couldnt get them from the owner who had them in an open cardbord box in her garage going to waist...poor books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
I've rescued from garbage trucks Ovid, Ouida, Maupassant, DH Lawrence, Maugham, Yogananda...which will have to be pryed from my cold, dead, hands someday. If I had my way, I'd read eighteen hours a day. Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of dating a femme who "smelled of the lamp" of midnight oil.
Fabrics and books for me! I often look through the local charity shops for books....the same when the Library has a sale on. Car boot sales, Fetes, anywhere that is likely to sell books. Sadly though, many books in these places are badly damaged and not worth spending the 25p on them!

I use the Library a lot and if I like a book, I'll buy it from Waterstone's or Amazon. With travelling so much and losing books when moving, I've kept my book collection down to a minimum. Once I settle down somewhere that I know will be permanent, then I'll re-start my book collection again.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post: