Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcali View Post
Andrew,
Glad to hear the good news. Waiting for the news is scary, so glad that is over. Now as you know, the follow-ups are so important, as you know.

I signed up for a clinical study too, when I was diagnosed with endometrial ca 6 years ago. My only family history of cancer was my Mom, who had lung cancer after smoking since she was 16.. No relatives on either side of my family for as far back as anyone knew. My Gyn/Onncologist had said they wanted to follow many things, including effects of 2nd hand smoke on non-smokers who were diagnosed with cancer. So, I am now having annual follow-ups, and am free to live every day to the fullest, and thank god for my lucky stars every night
Make sure you let them know that 60% of those diagnosed with lung cancer have never smoked. Out of that 60%, 45% have not lived around second hand smoke. 1 out of three women this year will be diagnosed with lung cancer. The least researched and least funded cancer is lung cancer. There is no federal mandated money to study or research lung cancer.

Just a little info you can take with you to your study.

sweetcali
[/QUOTE]

SweetCali
You are so correct, when we began our journey we also found that
Multiple Myeloma accounted for only 1% of all Cancers and therefore the funding was minuscule.
One cannot help but wonder does lack of funding for research come with the price, since most patients are deemed "terminal" it's not worth spending the money to further research advance medicine or threapies for said cancer's.
We've written letters to congress and pur senators regarding these issues. Although the rsponse was sketchy at best, A We voiced our opinions and will continue to do so. sweetcali sending you light and hope may your day be blessed.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post: