How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Random

I would offer to you that perhaps here lies the problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
I am absolutly horrible at nurturing myself..

It's a nasty circle..

I feel guilty for taking/giving myself what I need to be a balance, healthy individual...
So I stop...
I have learned that I HAVE to keep me healthy in order for anything else in my life to work, and in order to do that I MUST be accepting of myself and my needs. I have also learned that guilt is a destroyer at best, but otherwise really does not serve any purpose for us.

I do get the struggle you are in. On the one hand I see that you know what you need in order to be healthy, and on the other there is the guilt. Learning to self nurture will help a lot with removing that guilt though.

So I say to you, you are not at fault for taking/giving yourself what you need to be a balanced, healthy individual. You will be a stronger partner if you take care of you.

If you enjoy reading you may be interested in reading Radical Acceptance...it has opened my eyes about the ways I have limited myself, through self judgment.

Peace

Jesse
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote