gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,115 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

This is one of my favorite topics. One that I've spent years contemplating and listening to various perspectives about. I think the conclusion of my opinion is that a) no, there is not one for every person, but there are soulmates out there for people who yearn for one and believe they are meant to have one and b) there are different types of soulmates.

It's all varied. Some people are happy remaining alone and don't believe there is anyone they were meant to be with. Some have a soulmate, but can never be with them, so settle for a life partnership or just being alone. And some find who they believe is a soulmate, know it without doubt, and stay with them forever.

I believe the two types of people out there that end up staying together are either life partners or soulmates. I believe there are friend & family soulmates, which obviously stay platonic, and then there are the twin flames, which are one of the deepest most unique romantic bond.

I have 4 brothers, and there is one who is like my twin. We have scary things in common and are unique from society and others in ways that are ridiculously not common. We talk about it all the time.

I spent hours with one of my sister-friend soulmates on the beach this weekend, talking, playing in the sand and tearing up as we shared things & related in ways that are unique to us. We know that we, as we identify and as our hearts & souls are designed so similarly, are a rare breed and were definitely brought together by the universe to be in each others lives. We aren't just two women who met and got to know each other well. We are each Woman Type ABCDEFG, while most other women are just type A or B or C, etc. I have another sister-friend who is my soulmate in the same exact way. I couldn't make it through life without these beautiful angels who fit at my side like a jigsaw puzzle piece.

I have also dated people before who I knew could probably be a decent life partnership, but where I knew there were pieces missing that didn't match up the way they do with a twin flame soulmate. We get along fine, sure there are some pretty average things in common, and the relationship would probably be overall pretty good and healthy and steady. A good team. Secure. A safe bet. I think a lot of people either settle for or prefer this type of partnership instead of waiting for or believing in a soulmate.

And then there are twin flames. I have felt this type of connection. Where there is a fire in the heart and an anchor in the core of the soul. There are major and even small eerie ways we are a mirror reflection of each other ... ways that never matched with others and that you know never will again either. Those details, that are so aligned or the same that it's scary. For me, this is the person where we know each other inside and out, not just because we told each other, but because we are from the same mold and understand the best and most difficult things about each other without words explaining. There are no parts of ourselves we can even hide from the other. We will expose things about each other that we didn't want to ever face. We read each other's minds, have way too many scary coincidences and a super glue bond that, even if we can't be together or can't make a relationship work, will never be broken at the heart & soul level where it exists.

I don't think a soulmate is cultivated with time and getting to know each other and building up to it. I think it's those connections that are instant, inevitable, unspoken, unwavering, happen whether you like it or not or were ready/looking for it or not, and are unforgettable once the impact is made.

It is my twin flame soulmate who would receive my last phone call before I take my last breath.

I read a lot and hear so many different things. How the life partnerships are always the better way to go because they will last & are more like a security blanket. How the soulmate relationships can be too intense and have too many problems and aren't really meant to last forever. How some people stay with their life partner, all the while harboring a soulmate bond with someone else they can't be with, until they die. One of my favorite couples, Lucy & Desi, for example.

So yes, I do believe they exist (sometimes more than once). But no, not for everyone.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post: