Old 03-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
Domestic Diva

How Do You Identify?:
Deliciousely Femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess, Diva, best bitch ever
Relationship Status:
Soon to be married

Domestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST Reputation
Default 3 of 100

ok ok so I skipped a few days! ya well so what my hunny had some evenings off and that don't happen very often...plus I never claimed they would be consecutive!

So tonights dish is proving to be a pain in my ass!

Its a garlic seared Ahi Ahi with lemon grass and Jasmine rice

I have undertaken some finiky fish in my life (no pun intended) but good god!

So to start with this shit is expensive! I bought fresh cause I just couldn't bring myself to cook frozen tuna...not all special like this!
The garlic rub has 15 spices in it...why they don't call it spiced ahi ahi I'll never know but never the less we are talkin everything from Garlic to Cinnamon and a whole lot in between even roasted lemon zest...never roasted lemon zest but it's not easy I'll tell yea it ended up in the toaster oven cause I burnt it 5 times in the oven...
I love ahi ahi it makes me think of home...I grew up in Samoa a short ways from New Zealand so seafood always brings forth this weakness...mmmm and coconut and mango....ok Im getting side tracked.
so in with all the rub spices and coverd the fish...I left it to sit in the fridge and then heated my skillet and in with the olive oil and butter....fear...pounding in my fingers
whatever in with the fish...but its not meat so how long will this shit take to sear...OMG like not long!
it formed a thin crisp on the outside was juicy and fleshy on the inside....hmmm mind wandering again....
ok ok back to the food....
what a hiiiiii YAW taste...that was a cheap Karate impression btw...
it had some kick...but ohhh so good I have to tell ya I love the smell of lemon grass...not really excited about the taste, I love veggies...I love healthy stuff...but I think that this may be a lil much my 6 year old says it looks like straw and why do we have to eat straw and can she feed it to the cows across the street, I tried to explain to her that its not straw and no she can't give it to the cows...the Lee had to conquer...your not feeding it to the cows! Hy's a meat and tatoes kinds guy but he will try anything I cook...I don't think lemongrass will be on the menu again...
the rice I left plain...I figured there was so much taste there needed to be a neutral...it was a good idea...the fish a+ says Lee the lemon grass looks like cow food says the kid and the rice well it was just rice...

My friends are now comparing me to to the Julia and Julia movie...they all think its wild but I dont see em talkin crap when they are eating my food!

This is healing...the one thing I did not think about...LEFTOVERS! anyone want some?

*poof*
Domestic Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Domestic Diva For This Useful Post: