ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Read-

It Starts with Food. - a really good book expalining the ins/outs of why certain foods can't or shouldn't be eaten.

I also now know that our foods have changed over many years of scientists putting their two cents in instead of letti g the seed do its natural thing. We're very much against GMO and watch the list closely.

I sometimes miss beans too, but I don't miss the pain that they cause in my gut.

Process of elimination- it takes time and adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
Thank you for sharing this ahk

I did peruse it and found some really good recipes. That booklet for the slow cooker is endlessly helpful. It's really my favorite way of cooking. EVERYONE has time to throw things in a crockpot and let it roll..lol

One thing that surprised me: legumes are a no no?? I was formerly a vegetarian and my legume love has survived. I'm especially fond of hummus and lentils.

This is where I get off track with paleo. We as a species have been farming for centuries. Our back teeth are the same as all grain eaters. Anthropologically speaking, we are meant to eat grains. However, when we were eating grains, we were also hunting and gathering. Making use of the quick energy that grains provide. We didn't sit on the couch at night and channel surf lol. I suppose we could say because of the simplicity in which our food is now procured, we could do with fewer grains and grain products. More out of habituation than evolution though.

I know when it came to losing weight, doing low carb, with protein and lots of fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds, it was like it just fell off. So, I think until I get to a point where I just want to maintain my weight, paleo will be my bible
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post: