Old 02-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #50
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
The two of you that did respond (and those perhaps reading) I'm curious if you equate someone disagreeing with a post (let's say that they go through your post point-by-point and address each one individually rather than the post as a whole) as being against you as an individual? Do you ever feel slighted if people are continually on the other side of the fence than you (whatever that fence is)?
I actually enjoy being disagreed with, if it's respectful. That's one way to learn and grow as a human being. I do, however, start getting snippy and irritated when it's the same person repeatedly addressing my posts, even if there's really nothing to address (stirring the pot, so to speak). I also get upset if I feel I am explaining myself the best way(s) I can and everyone that posts seems to get it except one person and that person lambasts me over and over for no apparent reason, other than personal gripes.

For me, mostly, it's about the tone and the inflection I interpret in folks' posts. If I feel that someone is being condescending and snotty (without having permission to be snotty to me regularly....an example would be Diva...not that she IS snotty to me but it's something that is allowed in our friendship because we're both quite snarky and sassy at times and sometimes it just works for us) to me, I feel my hackles rise. I don't get too bothered if someone's passionate about something. I'm Italian...I can do passion....but if they are obviously (to me, in my own interpretation) falling fast and furiously off the deep end, the length of my rope shortens significantly.

Honestly, I might get my feelings hurt if I was constantly corrected or rebuked for my beliefs but, unless it was extreme, I wouldn't carry it with me beyond that moment of passing hurt.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: