Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post

I had to make a post on Knott's Berry Farm. I've been a few times this month, and hadn't been since I was a small child. As an adult, I've been able to fully appreciate what a unique gem of a place it is for lovers of rustic, vintage and old-fashioned. I was in heaven there.

The other day, when I was there with my brother, we were reading a plaque about Knott's claiming to be the first theme park in America, which I never knew. I'm not pleased with all the big modern crazy roller coasters they are cluttering the park with, but I am so in love with all the adorable quaint shops and historical exhibits, and the Native & western theme, that they have preserved since the 40s I guess.

My favorite things are the Victorian signage everywhere, the beautifully crafted items sold by local vendors, the authentic collections of antique items on display, the 1950s & earlier toys in the shops and the ghost town theme that I will miss with the removal of Frontier Land at Disneyland. To me, this is how they stand apart from Disney, which is practically down the street from Knott's. Oh and I love Boysenberry too, especially on Funnel Cake!

I used to love Knotts. When I first moved to California in 1972, they had no fence around it and I don't think an admission fee because I used to go with my 2 girls in strollers, mom and grandmother all of the time. We would just go for a few hours to walk around and maybe lunch in the chicken dinner restaurant.

Then, they built a big fence around it, charged for admission (though still much cheaper than D-land).

I remember when Disneyland was inexpensive enough for all of us to go for the day, too, a couple of times a year and we would buy a book of tickets for rides. (E-ticket anyone?).

*Sigh*

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: