Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
Morningstar,
There is no reason to be sorry. no matter what a person posts, or says , or does someone will find it insulting, annoying, politically incorrect, or some other something. that is life in the cosmos. And sometimes u just have to do three things:

1. say wtf
2. not be afraid to laugh at yourself
3. Look at it and say in the greater scheme of things does it really matter.

and sometimes u just have to put on your teflon suit and stand proud.

Or you can do a fourth thing and take a step back from your self and see why others would find it offensive. Then you can actually try to think about it from a different POV.

Dean, your response is what set my teeth on edge. If you honestly do not see anything wrong with objectifying women as well as being demeaned as a drooling fool, then that's your choice. However, I'm sure there are far more accepting places for that kind of attitude than this Planet.

Barb, I do know you and I do not think you did this for any reason other than you found it funny. Sometimes, you have to rethink what is funny and examine things a bit, right? You are not a stupid or uncaring woman. So do know that.

My thought would be this...if I am going to post something I think is funny, then I examine it to see if it really would be.

People get offended by things I never see coming. My family thinks I'm a humorless beeyotch because I will send things back and tell them why it is not funny. And that's okay. I'd rather be thought of as unfunny than see/read the constant barrage of mean-spirited jokes.

Back to you, Dean. Your response came across as very defensive. Did you stop to consider what was being said about the link or did you just kneejerk your reaction? I ask that in all sincerity because I know that I have kneejerked a reaction or two (hundred) in my day.

So which is it, Dean? Are you a thinking, caring butch or are you the misogynistic jerk you have portrayed yourself as here?