Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
Very good question, Salty.

I, for one, don't think that we should be limited--within reason, of course. This is especially true for older femmes. Here in the B-F community, we often are subjected to traditional het social rules; ie femmes only date older butches. For some of us, that's just fine. For others, that's very uncomfortable on many levels.

Let me explain. When you are dipping into your sunset years, the number of available older butches is quite limited. That means your dating pool is smaller than a thimble. That can make some of us resign ourselves to an easy chair and watch life pass us by.

For myself, in general I prefer the energy of younger people, butch or femme, straight or gay. Their fresh view on life, their raw courage to try new things, their stamina amazes me. That's one reason I've covered music for so long. Younger people keep me young and keep me looking forward toward the next sunrise.

But to date? I prefer someone a bit younger (or someone who has that same youthful attack on life). But my cut off is about 20 years my junior. Once someone is in their 40s the age and generational barriers dissolve. It's a matter of personal charisma and, of course, integrity.
Jane; That was a wonderful response! Thank you.