Old 12-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #210
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Did ask to see photos. He wanted the medical records (even though I brought some of them with me) before going into specifics. He was especially interested in getting the WPATH documentation, probably because I don't look very masculine.

This is our first meeting. Perhaps, he thought it might be an impulsive decision. Not sure his rationale for waiting to discuss the specific surgery (like 2 incision vs keyhole, when I'm obviously not a candidate for the latter). Appreciate his need to be certain , but a bit worried about how far into the summer I'll be healing if he waits too long. Don't tolerate summer as it is.
So did he show you any photos (you only said you asked)?

Did you ask him how many top surgeries he has done?

Did you ask him where/who trained him in top surgery?

I know you said that he replaced someone. Is he there specifically to do trans surgeries, or he just inherited this role from this last surgeon?

Based on the fact that he doesn't know anything about WPATH and didn't immediately start talking about double incision (your chest is larger than a small B with no droop to your breasts, right?), concerns me.

I'm sure he is a good surgeon. He might be an excellent plastic surgeon. What matters is if he is an excellent (or good) top surgeon. The question is if he had any training in top surgery and how many times he has done it.

I think you live in Michigan? I assume you have Medicare. You can go to the University of Michigan.

http://www.uofmhealth.org/conditions...ender-services

Since Medicare is a federal insurance, you can use it anywhere. Transgender health programs are popping up at all the University hospitals and they take Medicare.

It's true that every surgeon who does top surgery has to start somewhere. The question is if he had any training in it. I have seen too many guys in such distress over their results when using a non-seasoned top surgeon. I know travel is costly, but it might be worth it.

Yet, with all this said, there are many guys who don't care about how "good" it looks and just "want them off". There is nothing wrong with that, either.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote