View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #65
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,819 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post
I love all things vintage especially jewelry and vintage purses.

My love affair began when I stepped into a vintage store in a trendy artsy area and the owner and I were talking about vintage jewelry and how perfection is in the imperfection. His wife has an engagement ring that is very old and missing more than a few stones, it was purchased that way, he has offered to have the missing stones replaced but her response was 'but then there would be no story to tell'. So, to this day her engagement ring is missing stones and she would have it no other way.

He also shared that for her engagement present he purchased her a grand collection of vintage purses from an estate sale. She has them proudly displayed in an antique china cabinet. I can only imagine how old and beautiful they are.
I would love to see those purses, imagine examining each one and finding some hidden treasure tucked away.....a dance card, invitation or a love letter perhaps ! That would be a great theme for a book of short stories...each chapter about a purse/bag of some sort and each containing a forgotten item with some wonderful tale to tell....OK my imagination is running wild now !

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post: