Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[QUOTE=apretty;91031]sap-moment*

when ez and i were first dating we'd gone to the dog park with all 4 of the dogs, his 3 mild-mannered and older, fairly well-behaved pack and my holy terror, insane, bark at your face till you play with me, pick fights with bigger dogs, jump up in the air 5 feet, eat-your-shoes, terrible, bad mannered baby boy, Chester (the frenchie that thinks he's pit and 12 feet tall)...

we had to be out of his house for 2 hours because his real estate agent was showing it most saturdays (he was selling) and had to take the dogs--we even went in separate cars to the dog park because the dogs didn't know each other well, yet...

so, we had a LOOONG walk and the park was filling up with all sorts of dogs (saturday morning) and we're about to leave and this crazy lady enters the small-dog area with her very fearful and barking tiny dogs, and chester takes off running towards them which would have been fine if their owner didn't start screaming and then the dogs start screaming and chester tries to attack and the lady won't unleash the dogs so (so they can actually greet each other) so they're getting all tied around her legs and she's screaming 'who's dog is this!!!!! this dog is attacking my dogs!!!!' and we were already running after him, about to leave anyway but she was cornered and cowering and screaming while chester was trying to sniff her dogs and bark back at them. the entire time she wouldn't shut the fuck up and i was thinking that ez probably hates my dog and is embarrassed to be out with a dog who has such FEW manners and instead he gathers all the dogs leashes and we're now actively leaving the enclosure, nearing the gate and she still is staring at us moaning and paralyzed in exaggerated fear and her dogs are still barking and wrapped around her lunging at chester and ez turns to the woman and yells at her, 'what are you looking at!?'

my heart melted a little cuz i knew ez would step up--he wasn't one of those guys that could talk big and no follow through (in fact, ez isn't much of a talker at all), and it really touched me how my dog is nearly the worst dog on earth (loves all people but can be dog phobic) and he still chose to stick up for him.

so, this is my tiny dog park story <3

(also, there's this time that ez sang chester to sleep in his lap, singing the baby beluga song -a favorite of mine- but i doubt that he wants me to tell how it was so sweet that i started crying.)

QUOTE]

Viva la Chester!! KUDOS to EZ!!! Yanno though, Chester actually got things going for you two... smart dog! Get right out there and test Mom's choices!!! Have to laugh because I have a little Chester myself.... could be brothers Aye!!! Fact is, how someone relates/interacts with my pooch makes a big difference in how things might develop!

Great story! Good peeps, good dog...
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: