Old 06-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #90
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Anyone aware of Trump talking about legislation or executive orders refusing to pay for top surgery for those of us on Medicare/Medicaid?

Kind of curious why my PMD told me (without asking) that there would really be no need to wait for top surgery. She had said that there used to be a customary 1 yr. wait after starting T, but doesn't think it's necessary now.

Does she know something about what's coming up politically that I don't know?
Medicaid is run by states, so they make the decisions.

I doubt very much that an executive order could reverse what medical procedures Medicare will cover.

WPATH standards dropped the one year on testosterone guideline in 2012.

I know you are on disability (as you have shared this on BFP). Based on your post, I am going to assume that you have Medicare. Along with that, I am going to assume that your Medicare is primary. If so, whether or not or state Medicaid covers surgery doesn't matter (unless you go out of state for your surgery and want your secondary insurance to pick up the Medicare copay).

Here is a list of surgeons who accept Medicare. Some have caveats to accepting Medicare though, such as the person having a secondary insurance they know will pay the copay. Schechter is one of these people.
Insurance for trans surgeries is extremely complicated. I would be happy to help you navigate it, based on your situation.

http://www.topsurgery.net/surgeons/medicare.htm

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: