Old 11-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #16
miss entycing

How Do You Identify?:
dangerous, but worth the risk.
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice.. it's that easy.
Relationship Status:
CapitalM's carved upon my skin.

Location: on the southern edge of sanity, under a carolina moon.
Thanked 8,262 Times in 2,255 Posts
miss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputation

I've been out of work for a year now... I was a GM for an extended stay type of hotel. Been in the Hospitality industry for 20 something years, 3/4 of that time, I've been in upper managment.

My last job required me to live on property, which was fine, because we were selling the house in Co anyways, the apt there was almost 2000 sq ft, and everything else (elec, wireless, etc) was taken care of and the plan was for me to transfer and take over a property close to home- anyways, 3 1/2 yrs later, I am working 120 hours a week -LITERALLY, (and anyone who knows me knows my work ethic- knows that I gave EVERYTHING I had, and then some) with 1 desk clerk, and 2 housekeepers- I'm telling you, my company had it GOOD with me, lol. I found out after I lost my job that they had brought a 23 yr old desk clerk from a Vegas property to take my hotel, she was given 1/2 my salary, given a bigger title, and was flown in to replace me asap.

I was then given 48 hours to vacate the property- mind you, not only did I lose my job, we lost our home... in a span of a 10 minute conversation in my office with my boss.

I had moved to Colorado in 2006 a couple months after Damon and I met, and last year at this time, Hy brought me back home to SC after I lost my job.
When we came home the unemplyment rate here was 12%- its not gone down much since.
Since moving back home last november, I have searched for a job in some capacity every single day- I have even applied and interviewed for a job at McDonalds- only to be turned down because they said I wouldnt take it serious enuff because I would think making biscuits at 4am beneath me.
No joke, I cannot find a job, and I will run out of unemployment benefits eventually.
I've never been out of work this long my entire life, nor have I felt as low as I do when I call in my unemployment every 2 weeks- makes me feel like a bum, and to be quite honest.. I feel absolutely worthless most days. I am missing part of my identity, its affecting my confidence, my self esteem, my relationship, and my outlook on life in general.

what saddens me... is that I am not the only one here feeling like this, and in this same situation.

True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate their life,
through devotion,
to something beyond themselves.

Whenever someone awakens fully,
it affects human consciousness at a collective level.
It is like dropping a stone into a dark murky pond.
Ripples of light...
Not one word need be spoken.

miss entycing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to miss entycing For This Useful Post: