View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #29
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

On phone so sorry for mistakes.

When I was little, dad would get mad cuz I would sign to him. Well not really, mad as "babe, you know I don't know that stuff".

My mom can do some alphabet, crackers, beautiful, I love you.
Dad can do I love you.

Crackers is cuz my favorite....saltines.

There were times my hearing aid would break and mom would have to send them in to be fixed. I would be left deaf. Entirely. Unless you yelled.

That is absolutely miserable. Deaf for weeks. In a hearing school. With absolutely no one that knew sign.

Here is an idea of my level of loss. Hearing folk, have someone speak right in your ear, like to whisper a secret, in a normal tone and volume. Fucking loud, isn't it? If you do it to my right ear, its comfortable. It's how I imagine hearing folk hear normally. Do it to my left ear... 1. You have no business being that close to that ear unless you're on an extremely short list of trusteds, which my parents aren't even on and 2. I will starti laughing cuz it tickled and I don't hear anything.

To date, I've had two ear surgeries... Both on left ear. I had numerous infections as a kid. I was a regular at my ENT. Like, usually 3+ times a year. Ever had a doc clean an infection out of a cut? Try the ear. If you can wrap your head around that, you can understand why no one touches that ear.

I had two cholesteatomas. Fun.

I get tired of hearing. It's so much work. It wears me out. Sometimes I wish I'd lose the rest already. It's always been known I would. It's just a matter of when. And it keeps coming faster and faster.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post: