Old 09-16-2019, 08:40 PM   #29518
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
All kinds of weekend leftovers.
BBQ ribs, chicken, sausage, shrimp
Paella
Potato salad
Asian coleslaw
Strawberries soaked in tequila
Key lime pie
And Wedding Cake
Yes, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
All that sounds delicious!

I took a break around 4:00, sat outside, ate turnip greens straight out of the can. I won't be eating dinner - it was so hot outside. I was out there all day in it. A lot of times, this heat destroys my appetite. Probably eat a couple of freeze pops before I go to bed.

Per my doctor's suggestion, I did buy some Amy's frozen vegan burritos, nuked one for lunch. Only one was enough and it stuck with me. I am leary of the lentil soup or lentil anything. Probably end up trying it later on. I bought some real funky food back in May when I went vegan. I had to throw out quite a few food items. I am still learning.
Stick with the well-known name brand stuff. Gardein and Sweet Earth have super delicious options, I can tell you from experience. I know a lot of folks like Amy's and I've seen it around. I just haven't tried it yet.

Here's a link to some of the best vegan frozen foods according to PETA. They even have oatmilk ice cream. I've never heard of that but it looks amazing.

The only problem with you eating greens from the can is that you didn't put any vinegar in them. Vinegar makes beets and greens taste waaaaay better plus you get colored vinegar when the food is gone. Fun!

Lentils are good for you but if you're not used to eating them, you might be a little gassy afterwards. Winter's good for mixed bean soups.

Tonight I had fresh baby carrots with a creamy Caesar dressing to dip them in, water to drink and some Perdue chicky nuggets, a couple of Outshine coconut ice cream bars and now I had a giant lollipop that I have to store in a cup or on a saucer until I can get it small enough to actually put inside my mouth. It takes me forever to finish one, which is great.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: