Old 12-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #46
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My heart goes out to those of You who have experienced trauma throughout all of this adoption process.....

I consider myself pretty fortunate, in spite of the fact that I have a lot of hindsight over the way my Mom's extended family treated me.

I have to laugh when I think on it......we see it all the time, don't we? Here's a whole field of sheep and then there's that cute black one over there (me) who is SOOOOOOO not like any of the others. I'm not sure how my parents dealt with how different I was! <giggle> All of the cousins were all quiet and plain and .......forgive me....BORING. And here is this child who lived with such happiness and would bound in a room and be so full of glee and say the first thing on her mind....and say it LOUDLY! (My joke has always been that my Dad's favorite word for me was "Shhhh!!!".)

Here lately, I have had to make the difficult decision to "divorce" myself from future contact with my bio 1/2~sister for her toxicity and passive~aggressiveness. Some of the things she has said to me ~ out loud and in writing ~ has been outrageous.

I just don't have time for crap like that.

This thread is SOOOOOO interesting...finding out just how many of us have experienced chosen families.....thanks, Jen, for starting it! It's a difficult topic sometimes.......and took a lot of courage to open up the discussions!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: