Old 01-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #67
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
ahh yes, we're so alike.. i cant drink the tap water, it tastes awful here in the city, and ive never much liked aquafina and i guess now i can understand why lol... i just had a bottle night before last that was in fridge, i drank about 1/4 of it and tossed the rest.. is it really like tap water?

ooo love the idea of the water flavoring packets.. i buy the crystal light juice often, its yummy.. must be same section so i will check it out, Thanks for the great idea Gemme!
There was a big to do about just how filtered bottled water was and some of the brands came up short. I don't have an article or link, but I'm pretty sure that Aquafina was one of those that filtered less than the others and was, pretty much, the same out as it was coming in (the water into the filtration system, that is).

I tend to go up and down almost all the aisles versus just going to very specific aisles to shop, so I'm not positive, but I think I do see the packets on the juice aisle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
Today will not be a gym day for me, i'm only home for a couple of hours between shifts, by the time i walk there and walk back home, then have to go back to work, i wouldnt have much time to actually work out! LOL..

but, i am going to do a workout here at home after work!
a friend also suggested some yoga DVD's i could get, i do love yoga but, the time they do the classes at the gym doesn't work for me, i'm usually at work til 7pm at night most day.. so going to look into those DVD's..

so question for you all: between walking outside, going to the gym, and other things you do for a workout that are outside of the home - on days you simply cant make time for those things, what kinds of exercises or workouts do you do at home? i really need to find some things that work for me, just to keep my motivation going, that way when i have a split shift with longer time in between, or days off, i can go to the gym no problem.. but i really need something extra for home... so just curious if you've all any ideas to throw at me!
This is the equipment I have at home. Granted, I don't use it nearly as much as I should, but it's here in case I do.

Jump rope, a 10 lb. kettlebell, the "Perfect Pushup", resistance bands, a weighted ball, and videos/dvds.

If you are trying to get SOMEthing but don't want to break the bank on it, I suggest using some things around the house. For example, use a couple of towels laid down instead buying a yoga mat (unless you have one or were going to get one anyway) or use gallon jugs of water for weights. Buy one hand weight or kettlebell and just alternate the usage with your hands and arms.

Things that are super easy to do without any real 'equipment': sit ups, crunches, and most ab work in general, very light weight training using things you have around the house, push ups (can be done on the floor with legs straight or knees bent or standing up against a wall at an angle), jumping jacks (Are you on the second or higher floor? Make sure your neighbors aren't sleeping!), planks, yoga and/or stretching. There's more but that's all my brain's allowing me to process right now.

I had an awesome workout today and am now replenishing my food stores...aka stuffing my face....

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: