Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

PLBs send a signal directly to authorities. This is unlike the consumer “SPOT” product. The beacon transmits a 406 MHz signal to satellites overhead. The beacon includes your location in the transmission from its onboard GPS receiver. It also has a bright strobe light that operates when the beacon is active.

There is no subscription fee for a PLB, but you must register it with NOAA after you purchase it. Note that it is a violation of federal law to misuse a PLB. They are only for emergencies where a life, a limb, or eyesight is in jeopardy.
yes..i've wanted one for over a year now, but couldn't justify the purchase since i'm haven't been camping for too years now..whenever(i'm missing it too much) i go to the backyard and split wood..it kinda helps ..great post homoe