Old 09-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

My best friend in college, her Dad worked a swing shift and that included 3rd shift. He said he felt one of the things that kept him from gaining weight was he always kept the same eating schedule. He at breakfast in the am, a sandwich or whatever for lunch at lunch time, be he at work or home, midday was lunch time and supper in the evenings. He said he didn't eat during the night on 3rds cuz he wouldn't be eating at 2 am if he was home. That made pretty good sense to me.

I agree with some of the others about keeping to your schedule on the days you are off work.

When I worked 2nd shift it was a 4:30pm to 1am job so I had all day to mess with my animals and garden or whatever. I'm very much an outside person. When I went to 1st shift, it was January and I was going to work in the dark and by the time I got home it was dark. It about drove me nuts. I finally asked my manager to please put me back to doing something outside, I didn't care if it was picking up cigarette butts, just please find me something to do outside. I think night shifters are a different breed, a special breed of their own, cuz not everyone can do it.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: