View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #19
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

I work 2nd shift. I have worked all 3 shifts.

My order of preference? 2nd, 3rd, 1st.

I am NOT a daytime person. Yet, like others, if I work 3rd shift I sleep...constantly. I used to fall asleep at 9 AM, sleep till 6, eat dinner, back to bed at 8 for a nap until 10. That was ALL I did.

I adore 2nd shift. I like having some daylight, but not much. 1st shift, well... I tried it for 10 months. I hated it. But if I had to, I would again. I do better in a school (office) setting for daytime hours such as first shift.

I often feel bad about not being home more with MBE, but I know this is the right choice. Ultimately, if I'm not happy, how can I expect to bring happiness to her life? And...call it selfish if you want... no other shift is going to make me happy. I go to work, then I come home and work at home. When I worked the other 2 shifts, the only time I did work at home was maybe a day off.

We've both sacrificed for me working this shift, but we've both gained much.

DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote