Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #6
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler41 View Post
And finally, Shadow, the other mini dachshund. She is a mini, coming in at about 12 pounds. Her mantra, "I'm tiny and I'm cute,,what's not to love?". She tries to keep up with her larger sibling, but she just isn't as rough and tumble as Miss Daisy is. She likes to be completely covered up when she gets in her bed. She will lay in her bed downstairs and just bite the side of the bed and hold it in her mouth. Not really sure what is up with that.
Awww...we have a mini named Shadow too, about the same size. He's my son's dog and has attachment issues. Right now he's sharing a chair with Rooster as he plays his computer games. He sleeps with him too, under the covers, every night....and will persistently wiggle his way under any afghan, blanket, etc. on the couch with you as well.

We also have two cats....Mabel (aka the Princess), a black long-haired beauty with a laser pointer obsession, and Banshee (aka big mouth or brat), who is the loudest meowing cat ever born. He's short haired, sort of butterscotch colored, and has a kink in his tail where it was broken before we got him. He's the king of attitude... and also the only cat I've ever known who's happy to be carried around belly up like a baby.

We used to have many more animals before our move to FL...two rabbits, one who died of old age, and the other given to a woman who had other rabbits and did education and petting zoo stuff for kids...a rowdy Collie named Lily, who was given to a friend (she was honestly more dog than we could handle, and the friend and she adore each other....last pic I saw of her was posted on his facebook page, with her in his bed, under the covers, head on his pillow, drooling )...and two other cats - Bree, who vanished in NY the day we moved and hasn't been seen by neighbors since, and Soyen, a half Siamese who never was even remotely social, and went over a tall fence as soon as we arrived and is now living wild in several hundred acres of scrub preserve near our old apartment.....we saw him several times and he looks good, but would take off when we tried to get him.

It feels odd to have only 3 critters after having 8....but Scoote and the Rooster are conspiring, and I'm guessing that two more kittens may be headed our way.