View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #57
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Hope you get to go home ASAP!!! I'm sorry to hear you had a little bit of a setback. Hospitals can be crazy places. <3 I wish they would just listen to patients more.

For comic relief, a hospital story:

I was in the hospital once with a terrible throat infection. I couldn't swallow food or barely even liquids. My partner and I actually got into a fight because he thought I was faking it/making a bigger deal out of it than was necessary. When I went to the doctor the next day she sent me immediately to the ER. By the time I was admitted, it was the middle of the night.

I asked the nurse (in my barely even being able to speak voice) for a popsicle and she wouldn't give me one because she didn't have a doctor's authorization!!!!! I was SOOO mad I can't even tell you. I mean, you have to get a prescription for a popsicle these days? The next morning when the ENT doc came to see me I had to get surgery bedside with no anesthesia. He found a huge abscess in my throat that no one else had seen because my tonsils were so infected and swollen.

He was all like, throwing down scalpels and forceps and needles and shit on the bed and I just looked at him like he was nuts. But I did let him cut my throat open right then and there because I was desperate, and why bother going into an actual surgery when you can let someone just save you the time by doing it right then and there, right? And after an hour of spitting out blood and gargling peroxide and a morphine drip I did get my damn popsicle, though.

I hold this story over my partner's head to this day. I think if your stomach can handle it you should ask for a popsicle just to see what they do LOL!!!!!

Hope you are healing at home soon. Xoxo

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: