Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Just a reminder... Autumn colors include chocolate brown and deep jewel-tone blues, plus the camel-khaki-tan-mushroom family of neutrals. We don't necessarily have to be limited, yanno?

The difference between Autumn tones and say, Winter tones, is that Autumn colors are very warm--even the blues--and Winter colors are very pure (including all the icy blues).

So what fibers do people have in mind? Like Nick, I would prefer to work in wool, but I know everyone can't necessarily afford that. I think we have to consider shrinkage and washability of the finished blankets... if we use too many different fibers, they may shrink at different rates.
I'd like to have a set group of colors just so we can all stay within the same range. No more than 7-9 choices. Can you come up with a list and some pictures for reference? This is sooo not my strong suit!

I can not afford wool plus I'm allergic to it. I break out if it is against my skin.

I'd like to (for the sake of cost) stick to acrylic/cotton/blends. I found one wool yarn that didn't make me break out as badly. LOL
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote