Old 04-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #1435
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chained Daisy View Post
I`ve come the the conclusion that all children are complicated, furry or otherwise, I can rarely stay one step ahead of any of mine !

My two dont cycle with their toys, its more one red hot favourite and after a few days its never looked at again. They too enjoy a Q tip, rolled up bit of paper makes them happy and Ms Cupcake loves a mouse with feathers on....for a limited time anyhow.

The double claws may well play a part, definitely see what the vet has to say it will be interesting to find out. Are your two indoor kitties Gemme ?

My big ginger boy is a gentleman with food and always steps back if Cupcake decides she wants what he has {even though they have exactly the same} despite him being twice the size of her I still make sure he gets his fair share as I think he would happily starve whilst gazing adoringly at her !
Yes. I live where I work and have box trucks and semi trucks rolling through here daily not to mention the field next door with coyotes and mean critters. AND...the shelters around here don't like to adopt out cats to outside homes.

Oh, no. Loki is no gentleman when it comes to food. He's a bully AND he's twice the size of Gracie. Initially, she took it every time and just walked away. Now, if she's really, really hungry, she's going to finish her food, dammit. lol I'm proud of her that she stands up to him when it matters to her. She also will chase the Hell out of him, to the point that he's crying for me. Not sure if it's because she's whooping his butt or that she's making him exercise so much, though.

They get a mix of wet and dry and when I put the wet food down, I have to start with Loki so he's distracted and Gracie can get a start on her food. He inhales it, so he's done in 1-2 minutes. Seriously. I timed it. She eats like a fucking lady....dainty but messy. I sometimes stick around to verbally chastise Loki when he starts to push in on her personal space as she continues to eat or I'll go sit on the sofa and pat my lap when he starts wandering around so I can get my hands on him for pets while she finishes.

Then I go into the kitchen and check the bowls. 9 times out of 10, Loki's is clean as a whistle. I'll call Gracie over if she has anything left and she'll eat a few more bites and then she's done. Loki gets the leftovers but only when I put the dish on his side of the kitchen. There are rules, but he still pushes the line because he's got a major fixation with food. Dry food too but not nearly as bad as with wet.

He was fine when I got him. He even left food in the bowl. One for his homies, we would say. But then we went to the Reunion and had someone come in and feed him and give him some love. Two things happened. One, she overfed him and there was one day that she didn't show. We knew about it ahead of time and she left him extra food the day before and came in early after but even the local boarders would not have come in on Sunday so chose to have him stay in the house he was most comfortable in. That messed him up. It screwed up his expectations for food and now I think he has a fear of no food.

This was before I got Gracie. I feel that if they were both here, she would have kept him entertained and basically told him to get over himself.

I don't know how to fix this. I free feed dry food and I know he eats more than he should out of both of their bowls but if I take it up when I'm not there, will it make his food anxiety worse? I feel that he would focus on food even more. As it is, any time I walk in the kitchen, he clearly thinks it's food time, even if he's just eaten.

My baby boy has problems. He's so big now, I call him Bubba just as much as I call him Loki.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 04-12-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: