Old 04-13-2018, 08:04 PM   #1438
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Gemme, I think that it would be actually better to not free feed. I think that not free feeding will decrease his anxiety. He will learn that he gets food every day, once (or twice, whatever you do), per day. He won't feel the need to "plan" for no food by eating extra free food because there will be no free food to "plan with". He will start to realize that when mom wakes up in the morning he gets fed, and when mom gets home (or at a certain time, whatever works with your schedule), he gets fed. If you are home at dinner time set an alarm for the same time every day. His body clock/sunlight clock, will start telling him when food is upcoming.

He will see over time that there is no need to worry. His anxiety will go away.
Orrrrr...he will grow more anxious because there's no filler food in between the good, wet stuff and he will focus more on the missing food. If he hasn't learned that he will be fed regularly by having food at his disposal 24/7, I'm not sure making food disappear might help that.

This is why I'm torn. I don't want to make his neurosis worse so I feel like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. His focus on food is so intense that he will follow me into the kitchen with the expectation of being fed, even when I just fed them moments before.

To be a little more thread compliant, Gracie is lounging on the padded bar top stool....she really loves being up higher and it's so comfy, I can't blame her....and Loki is in the middle of the sofa again.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: