View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 AM   #14404
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Was a recalcitrant child, who had gender issues as a kid, refusing to learn to cook beside my mom. Rather be climbing a tree.

What I learned of cooking was (ironically) from a long ago ex-spouse who had the patience to make a roux for seafood gumbo in of all places, Chicago.
Joy of Cooking has many good recipes, some of which are actually fairly easy to follow. It is my cooking bible.

Btw, assembling the ingredients for the seafood gumbo took as much (or more) patience in 1980 Chicago as the roux. I dub him a saint!

Cooking is not my forte. TG, my Partner can cook. Canned and frozen food all the time would be boring.
However, once we made the most twisted and misshapen Indian samosas. Our friends were fearful when offered one. Tasted good, but scary looking so we got to keep many for ourselves...yum!
I think Chicago takes a hold of one and makes them do things they'd NEVER consider doing in a million years otherwise!

I fear one of my trip there I'll be lead in to some kind of debauchery and never be heard from again.........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: