How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post
I love driving at night between Port Orange, Florida and New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Crossing Rose Bay, you will see the Prince de Leon Lighthouse lit up. It's very pretty and I've sent out a few post cards with its image. What I love about living on the East Coast of Florida, is that you can drive along A1A from Daytona Beach Shores to St. Augustine and just look out at the ocean. Flagler Beach is a non driving beach and its orange colored coquina rock beaches are my favorite. http://ponceinlet.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post
That is the one thing that I never was able to do while living in Massachusetts.

Thank you because now I will be planning a trip to Cape Cod!

Zimmeh
The only part of Florida I have ever been in the ocean is Naples and I loved how warm and full of life the water was. I had to be careful walking around in the water because i would crush the sand dollars which were abundant. I remember a ray jumped out of the water almost exactly where I was standing. My wife's step mother told us that only sharks make them do that. We made a day trip to Sanibel Island during that visit. It was before hurricane Charley split it in two, but we never went in the water. However from the top looking over a cliff I saw several sharks swimming with some boys who were body surfing. I doubt they even knew the sharks were there. I am totally in love with sharks. I respect them immensely but I also have great affection for them. They are awesome to see. I've spent years in the ocean, snorkling, diving, swimming, paddling my ass across Cape Cod Bay on a floatie and a variety of other water activities and I've only had the privilege of encountering up close and personal ten sharks in my lifetime. It was an awe inspiring experience every single time.

I would love to live where the water is warm and you can swim in the ocean all year. When I lived in MA near the ocean (which was most of my life) I swam from the minute i could stand to be in the ocean (maybe May) until the minute it was impossible for me to remain in the water without going numb, maybe the end of October. I remember going to an ENT for a bad ear infection and all he wanted to talk about, and dragged several students in for a look at, was something about the shape of my ear inside. He asked me if I my ethnicity was Northern European. I told him I was Portuguese and if my geography is correct that hardly qualifies as north. Then he asked me if I did a lot of cold water ocean swimming. Yep. Sure did.

But the water is great on Cape Cod for sure. What part of MA did you live? And what couldn't you do in the ocean?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: