ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Yes! That was the other thing I read about and have been doing the last couple of nights! I also have an Aztec clay mask thing that I mixed with it and my face was smooth as a baby's butt when I washed it all off.

Trying to phase out all of my skin products that are not natural and switch to things like lemons as a chemical-free facial peel and ACV is definitely on my list of faves so far
She (wife) also makes a mask using Aztec clay -- uses acv, tea tree oil, and some lavender oil. She makes it up every week and does one huge mask, and then spot treatments during the week. She has decided to get completely away from using chemicals on her face. We have also decided to stop using harsh chemicals on our skin too. If we are eating good, why would we want to put perfumed chemicals on ourselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Oooh! GREAT tip! I've seen those vegetable washes at the grocery store and always kinda tilted my head at spraying more shit on the fruit to get the pesticides off but I LOVE hearing I can use vinegar to clean the veggies and fruits!

And for turmeric! Ok, so Julie gave me some turmeric at the Reunion and I totally made fun of her and myself and referred to that as "the diarrhea pill" all weekend! But I have to admit, I recently ordered a pound of turmeric powder and a capsule-making thing because I felt amazing after the diarrhea pill at Reunion.
Reading up on it, it is apparently part of the ginger family?! And apparently you can also make paste for skin disorders like psoriases and chicken pox? Pretty amazing to say the least!
We use a veggie spray-- I use to purchase the TJs fruit spray, but it always seemed so "soapy", so we switched to the WholeFoods brand which was more "citrus-y" but also more expensive. So there I go, doing research about fruit/veggie sprays and have found one by using Dr. Bronner's Castile soap. Its basically a 1:3 ratio 1 castile, 3 water. It works really well.

And tumeric is part of the ginger family and is amazing for a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post

I live on Turmeric. One of the best I have found in terms of Turmeric is Maximized Curcuminoids. This is actually extracted (Curcuminoids) from the Turmeric root. I found this is much more potent than straight Turmeric and longer lasting as far as pain relief goes.

Julie
I love turmeric. I just started using fresh turmeric and ginger in my tea at night. I basically grate ginger/turmeric, add honey and lemon and then hot water. Its really tasty and I've noticed that I feel wonderful and sleep really good at night.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post: