View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #98
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Congrats gaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
This time around is a whole lot easier.

I think it is mindset and the wanting to be a non smoker. I am a non smoker today.

I had someone come into my work and tell me i needed to be 30 days smoke free to be considered a non smoker, my response was why do i need to live on your time frame ? I don't and i am a non smoker.

Why do people need to impose their rules and time periods on others?

I have great people in my life that are incredibly supportive.

Its a good day today.

Congratulations on each day. Been around along a time at meetings where One Day at a Time is a big celebration.
So again, CONGRATULATIONS.
Living in California I have the pleasure of being able to be at work, at a restaurant, and any public place and not be exposed to the second hand smoke. I'm not a ciggie basher, it is just so unpleasant to me, and I think it is due to being around a 2 pack a day partner and also my Mom, and then when not around it, I can breathe, taste, and smell things better.

I have been with people who quit drinking and doing drugs, but could not give up smoking. My Mom, for one. She went into an in-patient rehab program and quit those, but did not, could not give it up until it was too late.
She was diagnosed with oat cell, or smoker's cancer, and on that very day, told me it would still be hard to quit. She did quit during chemo and radiation, and by her own fighting will and the grace of God, lived almost 5 more years.

Mentioning Electronic Cig's , I know the FDA came down hard on them because of things Investigators found at their sites.
Electronic Cigarettes
Summary of Results: Laboratory Analysis of Electronic Cigarettes Conducted By FDA seen here
FDA announced that it had taken enforcement action against five electronic cigarette companies (seen here) for violations of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDCA), including unsubstantiated claims and poor manufacturing practices.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: